Selected Broaching Applications
The following list will give you an idea of the kind of first-rate special broaching that distinguishes our company word-wide.
Click here to request a quote for a custom broach
- Metering Valve: 0.0524” x 1.706” rectangle 20” push broach: broached at Hassay Savage with 100% inspection for just-in-time shipments to OEM; job lot of 25,000 pieces
- Control Vent Airframe: 40 slots in rectangle chamber; 1.625”x6,000”; broach was pull-type on horizontal machine; accuracy of 0.001
- required throughout reference of all points; job lot of 100 units
- Printing Guide Lever: 19mm x 1,6mm rectangle 610mm pull broach; bronze work piece; limited production
- Wave Guide: 1.345” x 2.848” 36” pull broach; job lot of 500 pieces, on continuous basis
- Control Pin: flats and radius slot; insert type slab broaches and radius slot broaching on vertical machine; high volume run
- Control Valve: Double D 14,09mm x 21,69mm pull broach; highly specialized DD hole in titanium material; small volume, annual run
- Pliers: Set of three surface broaches to broach teeth of pliers; open clearance and cut-off section; high volume run.
- Collets: 6 slots; 0.093” width; slotting broaches for cutting collet slots on vertical broach; high volume with a great variety of sizes using same broaches.
- Ratchet Wrench: Elliptical set of holes for mechanism of ratchet; limited volume run.
- Internal Spline Gear: 22-tooth 36” spline pull broach; 24/48 diametral pitch; 20 degrees pressure angle; 2 million pieces per year.
- Surgical Scissors: 4” wide, 16” long surface broach; stainless steel workpiece; continuous medium volume run.
Research and Development
Integration of design and manufacturing processes at the prototype stage is important for successful precuts. Hassay Savage can save you time and money when our engineers are involved from the outset. We routinely assist the following industries:
- Communications Systems
- Farm and Constructions
Broaching is expanding into areas opened by state-of-the-art technology. Once limited to the machining of ferrous metals, broaching now is also applicable to non-ferrous metals and non-metallic materials such as plastics, ceramics and wood products. Broaching is also combining with other processes to create machining centers and flexible manufacturing systems which utilize quick change workpiece tooling and broach tool changing systems. At Hassay Savage we are committed to supporting the exploration of broaching’s full potential as it unfolds. We subscribe to the research efforts of Ohio University’s Broaching Research Laboratory and with this affiliation we are working on:
- Expert systems for the automation of the broach design process.
- Integrated system for the near-net shape (pre-forming) manufacture of broaching tools.
- A knowledge-based system for yielding, maximum allowable cutting force during broaching by creating exacting tooth geometry.
- Computer-aided process of down-loading machining programs to workstations by the actual routing process.
- Procedures that reduce the cost of designing, manufacturing, and rebuilding broaches.
The broach is an unsurpassed unique tool that generates finish shapes in one pass. Broaching has a distinct advantage over other metal cutting operations because of its exacting precision, superb finish, and faster production rates (as much as 25 times higher). Wherever broaches can be utilized, quality and productivity improve significantly. Using the Hassay Savage system gives you the best assurance the industry has to offer.